Monday, December 23, 2013

Thank You


      if the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough"
       Meister Erkhart
 

Call me back
from this cactus
     sanctuary
     where I
           have  been
wearing its cloth

 
and cleansing
my space
with burnt sage.
            The worst
             of my pain
                  gone,  exorcised

by the  wind
and returned
               to stone ruins
               that bruise purple
                     in the dusk.

 
Lend my breath
a flock of birds
to etch the sky,
                an utterance
                of prayer
                     so ancient and plain

 
               our tribe of bones
               will feel
its strength, its syllables
                  pulsating
                  on the horizon’s tongue.

No comments: